Monday, May 23, 2011

A-Frame performance

I have heard this advice several times and in several different disciplines "Find a great performance and emulate it"

I just started to train Tangles A-Frame and thankfully I have the performance to emulate right in my backyard (literally). Tip has a beautiful A-Frame. Fast, efficient and really consistent. I want Tangle's Aframe to be like hers.

Video comparisonClick to see video


I ran both dogs on the same configuration this morning as a way to evaluate the differences in performance. Let me say immediately I honestly don't believe that I can train Tangle to be just like Tip when it comes to the AFrame. The dogs have different structure, temperament, and drive. But can I get close? Yes, I believe that I can.

I have many observations about the side-by-side performances, but I would love to hear what others have to say before I taint the waters. I have no doubt that others will observe valuable things that I have missed!! Please, comment away!!

No comments: