Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Training Update

Well, I have been training, but haven't been updating my blog.

First Tangle - He has been doing awesome. We have been working on skills every day. Still most of the skills that just make him a good household member and pack dog. The items that we have been focusing on are: socialization, new experiences, sit, stay, lie down, come, and tugging. Tang is doing REALLY well. Yesterday he got to go to the soccer game and we played games while watching soccer. His attention span is improving and the distractions proved to be no problem at all! Very proud of the little boy.

Tip and Split-I have mostly been working on my timing with them, both on courses and with jump grids. It has been hard for me to run Tip and Split since their timing is so different. Split has been the one that has suffered the most. So, this fall I am focusing on getting his/my timing down better.

Tip and jump grids - if you have been following this blog you will know that Tip had a sprained hock last year. The vet expected that the problem would always plague us and the PT wasn't sure how long she would be able to compete. Well, Tip had started to drop a LOT of bars over the last six months. I was really worried that this was a sign that it was time to retire her. I was doing jump grids with Split and decided to include Tip in that work as well. Keeping in mind that I made the work easier on her. Well six weeks later the progress has been amazing and just what she needed. Yes, her hind end was getting weak and the jump grids have helped that problem. Interesting, I did a three day trial which 4 months ago she would have been stiff by the second day. This past weekend we did 2 days and I didn't see a single sign of a problem. Just like new she was. Amazing!!

No comments: