Sunday, September 21, 2008

NADAC Champs

Tip and I went to NADAC Champs in Gillette Wy. I had to show up a day late so I missed jumpers and hoopers.

Let me just say, contacts at champs were for the most part fabulous! She got EVERY dog walk contact for 4 days. She was having trouble adjusting her stride for the A-Frame since ours is a running contact. On one standard run she was going so fast that she landed close to the bottom of the contact and did a nose plant. That must have made enough of an impact cause after that she actually slowed down, strided over the entire contact--beautiful!

The final results were:

  • Weaves-would have q'ed, but I left the collar on (we arrived 15 minutes before the run and I didn't walk the course, not our usual time to prepare.
  • Touch N Go- We got fourth, which is huge for us.
  • Standards-didn't q at all.
  • Std 1 - the amazing leap got us a 'unsafe obstacle' fault
  • Std 2- she actually stopped at the end of the A-Frame (2o2o) which shocked me, and I forgot to tell her the change of direction
  • Std 3 -
  • Std 4 - Off course, my fault--it was a 'switch' out of a tunnel, off course A-frame, jump, turn, she went straight onto the dog walk
  • Std 5 - off course, completely my fault. Momentary loss of memory.

As I write this, I realize that I should work on cueing change of direction on fast courses.

So, all in all, I am pleased with the results. We did get on the stuff we had been working on!

I need to get out on the field and shore up our dog walk contact again. Tip started to quick release herself!

No comments: